Current available roles
Job Title: Cafe Manager
Organisation: Café Lux
Hours: 30 – 37.5
Salary: £20,000 – 24,000 dependant on experience
Deadline: 9am Monday 22nd January
Café Lux is an important part of Robin Lane Health and Wellbeing Centre, which comprises of a medical centre, café and charity. The three organisations work in unison to make Pudsey a better place to live where residents live longer and healthier lives that are full, active and meaningful. The charity provides space for local people to run free volunteer led groups for others in the community. The medical centre refers patients to groups offering more than medicine to combat problems such as social isolation, anxiety and depression. The café is a social hub where people can meet and also creates income, which then goes to the charity to help make the organisation sustainable.
We are looking for an enthusiastic café manager who is passionate about fulfilling this vision by creating a friendly environment and offering creative healthy food. This is an exciting opportunity for the new manager to put his or her stamp on the business.
· To manage all aspects of the daily running of the Café including food preparation, restocking and delivery of goods to the café, ensuring its smooth running and proper administration.
· To train and manage café staff
· To develop and manage relationships with customers, staff, volunteers and suppliers
· Deal with telephone/ email queries promptly and concisely, answering customer queries in a courteous and timely fashion.
· To work in close liaison with the Charity Manager to promote the charity and café and increase income for the café
· Promote café food to staff
· Provide reports on request and liaise with the accountant and treasurer as necessary, including contributing to the preparation of the annual tax return for the Café and maintenance of the appropriate records, reports and annual returns.
· To promote the café and events on social media
· Complete the payroll process monthly
· To be responsible for specified administrative functions in connection with stock management, ordering and receiving product deliveries.
· Be responsible for ordering and stock management
· Contribute to the efficient running the office including filing and management of files as required by the accountant and treasurer.
· To acquaint himself/herself with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions, restrictions on the Sale of Alcohol, medicines and drugs, certain age-restricted products, and relevant parts of the Shops’ Acts.
· To plan and run events throughout the year to boost income for the café and promote the café and charity
· To promote private hire of the café space
· To organise a rolling art exhibition alongside the charity manager
· Good interpersonal skills treating all people with respect, developing good work relationships, excellent customer service and able to establish a rapport with people from diverse walks of life.
· Proven management and organisational skills - with thoroughness and attention to detail.
· Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
· Cooking skills and knowledge of food
· A passion for good healthy food
· Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate is required (Assistance in achieving this can be made available)
· Good working knowledge of word processing, database spread sheets and Internet research
· A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control
· Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion.
· Able to work additional hours when necessary
· A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
. Experience of volunteer support desirable.
To apply please click the button below and download the application form. Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 22nd January.